Monday 22 August 2011

Monday 22nd august 2011

We have been counting our steps for nearly a month now and we are so pleased we are doing it!  Thanks to all our friends we have raised £520 for Water Aid and £715 for Marie Curie Cancer Care – how good is that!!!!!!!!!
The steps are still going well – we have now counted 707,137!  But as I said right at the beginning, we need to be ahead of the game while the weather is good and the days are long.  Any of you that know me, will appreciate that I don’t do wet and cold…… but I do stats.  I could tell you all sorts of things but for now to let you know that David is currently averaging 16,257steps / day and I am at 10,841/ day. 
David does far more steps even when we have walked the same route – he is like a sheep dog – always on the move and it shows!  And those days when I count only 5,000 or less are the days when I am working at my laptop and have to make a real effort to get up and move – just like today!. It is strange how disappointed I feel when we record our steps at night – I remember the old reports for school about my PE lessons ‘must try harder’
I did have a worry last week.  I went to buy some new walking trousers but when I got home my pedometer was not in my pocket (we both use Oregon Scientific Pedometers which you put in your pocket and they count even if they are upside down or back to front).   But it had been found and handed in by some honest customer.  This would normally have been a mild irritation but at the moment – catastrophe!
More next week
Jean (and David) Penny
PS I am still trying to work out how to attach pictures (must try harder!) – bless……

No comments:

Post a Comment