Friday 16 September 2011

Friday 16th September 2011

Sorry but I did not write an update last weekend as we were away - more of that later.  First the important bit.....  our current fundraising stands today at £1,650!  That is £810 for Water Aid and £840 for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  As always thank you for all those donating on line and offline - we have had over £500 given in either cash or cheques that we add to the sites as 'off line donations'.  Our steps count continues to rise - our total last night was 1,284,502.  Only 3/4 million still to do!!!

 But what a week! We took some friends to our flat Scarborough last weekend and luckily they like walking and the weather was lovely - so we walked along the sea front, up to the castle, to the shops, to the restaurants, to the park  - we walked everywhere.  David and I clocked up over 100,000 steps over the four days. 


But then back home and yesterday I registered the lowest number of steps since we started - only 1,508 in the whole day.  The only activity was going up and down stairs for coffee and lunch and it shows how inactive we can be spending the day working at the computer.  I have done more than that by 10am today as I went into town!!  

Also this week we went with other friends down Foxhole caves in Derbyshire owned by the National Trust.  Not many steps but quite a bit of crawling.  I have attached  a photo of the back of me going into the narrowest part and David coming out of that same section - it was a real experience!  And by coincidence it was our anniversary and it occurred to me that 37 years ago at 2pm I walked down the aisle - 37 years later, I went down a hole!!!  
More next week
Jean (and David)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment