Sunday 27 November 2011

Sunday 27th November 2011

Sorry I did not blog last week but we were away with friends at the weekend then I was away with work and suddenly it was midweek so I decided to miss a week.

Lots to say though and the most important thing is the amount we have raised.  After saying last time that 'donations are understandably drying up' they have leapt again - thanks to some very generous people.  I am delighted to say that we now have raised £1,470 for Marie curie Cancer Care and £1,439 for Water Aid!!!  A total of £2,909 - how good is that?

We both continue to make excellent progress with our steps.  Back on the 17th October, I told you we had done the 2 million steps between us and that David had set himself the challenge of reaching 2 million by Christmas by himself and I am aiming for 1 million by myself!  Well, as of today, I have only to count 8,677 steps to make my million and David has just 41,733 to get to his 2 million!  So I strongly expect that in my next blog I will be able to tell you that we have completed our 3 million challenge!

We continue to try to walk wherever we can but as David has a outside job and mine is often in front of the laptop, some days the variation in our scores is depressing for me.  Last Wednesday 23rd November, I scored a very dismal 1,361 steps (pathetic) but David's pedometer showed 23,331 - what a difference!  
 
However we both greatly increased our step count last night by dancing.  We went with friends to a fund raising Ceilidh organized by the Rutland WaterAid committee.  In three hours of  do-si-doing, a-la-main lefting and stripping the willow (all country dancing terms for those of you who are confused!) I registered over 6,000 steps on my pedometer - the equivalent of 3 miles!  Great fun though. Then this morning, after waking to a power cut, we went a few miles down the road to the iron age hill fort at Borrough on the Hill (for more info click here ).  Although the sun was shining, it was bitterly cold and very very windy - it certainly blew the cobwebs away.  Dressed up for the cold, we remembered with longing the days when we were in shorts and tee shirts ..... 

More next week

Jean (and David)

No comments:

Post a Comment